To celebrate the European day of languages on 26th September 2019 we are giving away 3 subscriptions to Babbel! You could win a one-year, 6-month or 3-month subscription to boost your next language-learning journey.
At Eurac Research, we believe that everyone is multilingual! We all use different languages e.g. French or Basque, and forms of language e.g. regional dialects, computer languages, Braille, sign language, body language, gestures, fictional languages, secret languages, slang, …
Our linguists would like to know: what do your languages mean to you? Can you tell us with a photo of a particular object, a special moment or situation…? Don’t forget to include a short caption explaining your picture.
Our team of linguists will carefully evaluate each entry based on its creativity and originality. As well as a Babbel subscription worth up to €80, the top 3 photos will also be shown at the One School Many Languages project conference on 27th November 2019 at Eurac research, Bolzano, Italy.
Upload your photo, write a caption and tag #euraclangs on Facebook @eurac.research or Instagram @euracresearch by 11th October 2019 for your chance to win. Make sure that your post is PUBLIC so that we can see your pictures!
Terms and conditions
The organizer of the prize photograph contest “Languages in a picture – What do your languages mean to you?” is Eurac Research, whose registered office is at Viale Druso, 1 / Drususallee 1, 39100 Bolzano / Bozen – Italy, Tel: +39 0471 055 055, Email: email@example.com .
From 26.09.2019 to 31.10.2019; (starting from the date of publication of the contest and ending on the day that winners are chosen; maximum duration 12 months)
The competition is open to natural persons of legal age who are in possession of a Facebook or Instagram profile, excluding employees of Eurac Research. Persons under 18 years of age may only participate in the contest with parental permission or permission from their legal guardian.
Furthermore, Eurac research reserves the right to ask participants for proof that the date of their registration to the social network in question was before the start sate of the contest, and reserves the right to exclude the participant or winner from the contest if this information is not provided.
There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition (with the exception of ordinary costs of connecting to the internet in order to participate, which shall be borne by the participant). It is possible to participate in the contest from 26.09.2019 until 11.10.2019.
In order to participate in the contest, the following will be necessary:
– Participants must upload and publish a photograph in answer to the question “What do your languages mean to you?” with a description to Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #euraclangs. If the photograph, description, or hashtag #euraclangs is missing, the entry will not be considered valid. Furthermore, images containing content that is offensive, improper, or harmful to human or social rights will not be admitted.
– Only one entry will be accepted per person. The maximum number of prizes that can be won by the same person is one.
– The winners will be chosen by 31.10.2019 by Eurac Research, Viale Druso 1, 39100 Bolzano.
– The winners will be identified though evaluation by a jury.
– The jury will be made up of 3 researchers from the Institute for Applied Linguistics at Eurac Research. The evaluation criteria will be creativity and relevance to the topic of the contest. The identification of the winners is at the jury’s discretion and is final.
– The winners will be informed of the jury’s decision via a private message sent to the Facebook/Instagram profile with which they participated in the contest. The winners must provide the following personal details to the organizer of the competition within 3 days of the closing of the competition: name and surname, address, date of birth, contact details.
– No cash alternatives will be offered for the prizes and the prizes are not transferable to third parties
– The organizer reserves the right not to give out prizes if any of the following apply:
– There are doubts regarding the copyright of the photograph;
– The participant does not adhere to the required conditions for participation in the prize contest;
– The participant does not provide their personal details within the stated time frame or provides erroneous data.
– In the case in which a winner does not adhere to these conditions, they will be excluded from the contest and the prize will be assigned to the participant who, according to the rules of the contest, is ranked immediately after the excluded winner.
– Runners up may be chosen for the eventuality that prizes are not claimed within 14 days. The prize will be sent via email to the winners.
- A 12 month subscription for language courses by babbel.com worth €80
- A 6 month subscription for language courses by babbel.com worth €45
- A 3 month subscription for language courses by babbel.com worth €26
Please note that the subscriptions are subject to the contractual terms and conditions stated by www.babbel.com.
Deadline for issue
The prizes will be issued to the winners and or/runners up by 01.01.2020. The prizes will be issued electronically upon receipt by Eurac Research of the participant’s contact details.
Promoter waver to claims against the winners as provided in the article 30 DPR 600/73 modified from art. 19, comma 2, Law No. 449/97 (=IRPEF tax on the value of gross premium).
Information regarding personal data protection
Personal data will be treated in line with the EU regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) for the purpose of executing the present contest and any connected or directly/indirectly involved obligations (i.e. issue of the prizes to the winners) including necessary communications. By communicating their data, the participant authorizes the incumbent to use it for the above-mentioned purpose according to art. 6, lett. b) GDPR. The data will be retained for the time strictly necessary to the achieve the indicated purposes and/or for the time strictly necessary to comply with legal obligations (art. 2946 et seq. Italian Civil Code), after which the data in question will be destroyed or anonymized. The provision of data is optional; missing data will however render participation in the contest impossible. The data can be used by employees of the Institute for Applied Linguistics – Eurac Research and can be published in relation to the contest. The incumbent will not transfer participant data to a third country or an international organization; there is no automated decision process that that produces legal effects.
The responsible for data processing is Eurac Research, Viale Druso 1, 39100 Bolzano; the DPO can be contacted using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Persons concerned have the right to ask the incumbent for access to the data regarding themselves, their adjustment or cancellation, the integration of incomplete data, processing limitation, data portability or to lodge a complaint i.a. to the national authority and also exercise the other rights recognized by applicable law (artt. 15 ss. GDPR). Where consent for the processing of personal data has been given, the right to revoke consent is recognized.
Rights can be exercised by writing an email to: email@example.com.
Acceptance of terms and conditions
By participating in the contest, participants accept totally and unconditionally the regulations and clauses contained in the present terms and conditions, without any limitation.
The present contest is not sponsored by, administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or any other social networks. Social networks are used solely as a technical vehicle for communication. Any information provided by participants will be not be managed by Facebook or Instagram but by Eurac Research. Facebook and Instagram can not be held responsible in case of problems. Each participant absolves Facebook and Instagram from any responsibility concerning the photography of the participant.
Changes to the present disclosure
The present terms and conditions may be subject to variations, which will be communicated. It is therefore recommended to check the terms and conditions and to refer to the most recent version.
For further information and/or clarifications in relation to the present contest, participants can write to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The contest in question in the present terms and conditions is not subject to the guidelines for prize contests and events as it is counted among the exceptions indicated by Article 6 of the Presidential Decree 26 October 2001 n.430.
In the person of the legal representative