The One school, many languages (project SMS 2.0) team is delighted to announce the on-site International Conference on plurilingual education at Eurac Research in Bolzano/Bozen, 4,5,6 December 2023.
One school many languages: bridging research and school practice through plurilingual education
The conference is the closing event of the project and aims to be a venue for exchange and dialogue on recent qualitative- and/or quantitative-oriented research within the realm of plurilingual primary and secondary education, with a focus on the following thematic orientations:
- Practices, challenges and opportunities for reciprocal learning and knowledge transfer between researchers and educational stakeholders;
- Empirical evidence of the sustainability and impact of in- and pre-service training in plurilingual education on teachers’ competences, attitudes and teaching practices.
- Projects, initiatives and best practices aimed at valorising language diversity, developing curiosity and interest towards languages, cultures and linguistic phenomena in diverse educational contexts.
To participate as a speaker, please submit an abstract by
30th April 2023 14th May 2023. Abstracts should be between 300 and 400 words including references, and should provide the following:
- clearly articulated research question(s) and its/their relevance to the main theme of the conference;
- the most essential details about research approach, data and methods;
- (preliminary) results and their interpretation.
At this conference, there will be two different categories of presentation:
- Full paper: 20 minutes plus 5-10 minutes discussion
- Poster presentation: 1 poster
Authors are welcome to submit more than one contribution, but can be the first author of only one contribution. While we highly welcome contributions relating to any language and combination of languages, proposals should be submitted in English, German or Italian. All presenters will be kindly asked to prepare their slides in English if presenting in another language.
Abstracts should be submitted through ConfTool. A ConfTool account is necessary for abstract submission. To ensure anonymity, no name or affiliation should appear in the abstract. Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by our Scientific Committee.
The conference is an on-site event and will be held at Eurac Research in Bolzano/Bozen (Italy).
- Deadline for abstract submission:
30 April 2023 EXTENDED to 14 May 2023 via ConfToolCLOSED
- Notification of acceptance: 30 June 2023
- Conference: 4 – 6 December 2023
Proposal submission via ConfTool here
Conference fees: 70 €
Info & questions to email@example.com
Institute for Applied Linguistics,
Viale Druso/Drususallee 1, Bolzano/Bozen (Italy)